U-Lace Lattice Lacing
A version of Lattice Lacing using U-Lace no-tie laces instead of regular shoelaces. Forms a decorative woven lattice in the middle of the lacing.
Lacing Technique – 8 pairs, variation 1 – three-way lattice plus horizontals
• Begin with one U-Lace segment running straight across the bottom eyelets.
• The next three U-Lace segments each run diagonally up and right. The first segment runs from eyelet rows 2–5 (skip past two rows), the next two segments run from rows 3–6 and 4–7.
• Create a mirror-image with the next three U-Lace segments each running diagonally up and left, weaving through the first three segments.
• Finish with one U-Lace segment running straight across the top eyelets.
• It's easier to do the weaving and get all the “overpasses” and “underpasses” correct if you firstly complete all of the diagonals that run in one direction (eg. up and right), then weave through all of the diagonals that run in the other direction (eg. up and left).
• Use the same U-Lace color throughout to replicate the look of a regular, single shoelace.
• Alternate two different U-Lace colors for a bi-color look.
• Use several different U-Lace colors for a rainbow or multi-colored look.
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once – multiple votes are removed daily