With all vertical segments hidden on the inside and all diagonal segments on the outside crossing at the middle of
the shoe, the result looks like a Starburst.
Diagram for 8 pairs of eyelets
Lacing Technique -
- for 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12 pairs of eyelets:
• Begin straight across on the outside (grey section) and in through the middle eyelets.
(For even numbers of eyelet pairs, use the eyelets just below the middle).
• Both ends run straight down on the inside and out through the next lower set of eyelets.
• Cross the ends diagonally upwards, running under the middle section, then feed in through the next vacant set of eyelets up the shoe.
• Both ends run straight up on the inside and out through the next higher set of eyelets.
• Cross the ends diagonally downwards, running under the middle section, then feed in through the next vacant set of eyelets down the shoe.
• Continue running vertically on the inside and diagonally on the outside with progressively taller crossovers until lacing is completed.
Top opens wide
18% longer ends (on average)
This lacing method, like most decorative methods, is more difficult to tighten. Luckily, this method has the advantage that
the top is like a V-neck tee-shirt. Once the knot is untied, the top of the shoe can be opened wide to easily slip the foot
in or out without needing to loosen or re-tighten all of the lacing.
Shoelace Lengths for Starburst Lacing
Pairs of eyelets:
Longer ends if existing shoelaces are re-used (+18% on average).