So named because the angled sections look a bit like a lightning bolt, plus it is lightning fast to lace. The laces run diagonally on the outside and vertically on the inside.
Lacing Technique -
- for even numbers of eyelet pairs
• Begin straight across on the inside (grey section) and out through the bottom set of eyelets.
• The left (blue) end runs diagonally all the way to the top of the shoe and in through the top right eyelet.
• The right (yellow) end runs diagonally up and across on the outside and in through the next higher eyelet, then straight up on the inside and out through the next higher eyelet.
• The left (yellow) end runs diagonally down and across on the outside and in through the next lower eyelet, then straight up on the inside and out through the next higher eyelet.
• Repeat running alternately up and across or down and across until lacing is completed.
End lengths shift
19% longer ends (approx.)
The left and right shoes can be laced in reverse (mirror image) to end up with a symmetrical look.
Lightning Lacing Gallery
White Alifes with Lightning Lacing.
Hover over any photo to view details
Contribute a photo (via e-mail)
Shoelace Lengths for Lightning Lacing
|Pairs of eyelets:||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Length needed:||71 cm
Shorter shoelaces needed than those for basic Criss Cross Lacing.
Longer ends if existing shoelaces are re-used (+19% on average).
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once - multiple votes are removed daily